Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, Connaught Place
Famous Name- Pracheen Hanuman Mandir •The most famous Bal Hanuman temple of India in Capital Delhi since Mahabharata times.
• This temple has Swayambhu (self appeared) murti of lord hanuman in childhood form seeing south also known as `Dakshin Mukhi Hanumanji`.
• Pandavas first built the Mandir of Self appeared Murti after Won the war of Kurukshetra.
• Later, the temple had been reconstructed in late seventies by Raja Man Singh of Amber and after renovated by Raja Jai Singh of Jaipur.
• Mughal Emperor Akbar Also Come To Pray Bal Hanuman.
• Tulsidas Also Visited This Holy Place During Hanuman Chalisa Hymns in 16th Century.
•`Maharaj Shri Samadi Wale Baba` -The first descendant of the Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, Connaught Place which is the first great grandfather of Royal family and is known in the whole world by the name of Maharaj Shri Samadhi Wale Baba.
• Guinness Book of World Records For Continuous Japa “Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram” in 1964.
For full highlights search Pracheen Hanuman Mandir – WIKIPEDIA /or scroll down below.
Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, Connaught Place ( प्राचीन हनुमान मंदिर, कनॉट प्लेस )
Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, CP is one of the oldest Hanuman Temple in India, is situated at Baba Kharak Singh Marg in Connaught Place, New Delhi. It is an ancient Hindu temple of Shri Dakshin Mukhi Bal Hanuman and is one of the temples of Mahabharata days in Delhi.
This temple has Swayambhu murti (self appeared murti) of lord Hanumanji in childhood form seeing south also known as Dakshin Mukhi Hanumanji. Due to this reason, only one eye of the idol of Hanumanji Maharaj is visible. The Dakshin Mukhi Hanumanji is holding the Gadha in one hand and in the other hand is near his chest, in which he is holding a Mala of shri Ram.
The Mandir of the self-appeared murti of Bal Hanuman is first to be built by the Pandavas. When there was a fight between the Pandavas and the Kauravas. Pandavas ruled from Indraprastha and Kauravas from Hastinapur. In those days, the name of the city of Delhi was Inderprastha.
Later, the temple was built by Raja Man Singh of Amber and after renovated by Raja Jai Singh of Jaipur in 1724, which is the current form of the Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, CP.
Shri Goswami Tulsidas(1532–1623), who wrote historical scriptures like Shri Hanuman Chalisa, Shri Ramcharitmanas, Tulsi Ramayan, etc. Shri Tulsidas came to this Mandir in the 16th century to seek blessings from Dakshin Mukhi Hanumanji. Here, he was inspired by this Bal Hanuman Mandir to write Shri Hanuman Chalisa. And this is where he started the First chaupai of Shri Hanuman Chalisa.
Mughal Badshah Akhbar (1542-1605), also came to this Mandir and tried to test the powers of Shri Dakshin Mukhi Hanuman and attacked his throne and temple. But Emporer Akhbar could not stand in front of the powers of Bal Hanuman. Which every Muslim king has done, in all the ancient Hindu temples, at the time of Mughal Dynasty in Hindustan. So, Akbar gave up and accepted his defeat in front of Bal Hanuman.
Then on the apology, he offered the Islamic Crescent Moon to Shri Bal Hanuman. And that Akhbar’s Islamic Moon is still present on the Shikhar of Pracheen Hanuman Mandir,CP. Since that defeat, no Mughal emperor has raised his eyes again to this temple.
`Maharaj Shri Samadi Wale Baba` -The first descendant of the Pracheen Hanuman Mandir, Connaught Place which is our first great grandfather and is known in the whole world by the name of Maharaj Shri Samadhi Wale Baba.( the baba Who received the Sakshad Darshan of Hanumanji in his life). Baba had taken meditation till the last and devoted his life to the feet of Hanumanji.
Still in this Era, whose throne is the first to come to the temple and without whose circumambulation, the revision of Hanumanji is not complete. Who are still doing Hanuman ji’s service and continuous chanting. Is a dear devotee of our Hanumanji whose kirpa and command is still in the temple today.The grandfather to whom the entire royal family salutes and beheads everyday in the morning Aarti.
Those whom we call as our first great grandfather and the world worships him by the name of Maharaj Shri Samadhi Wale Baba.
24-hour chanting of the mantra ‘Sri Ram, Jai Ram, Jai Jai Ram’, has been going on in the temple since August 1, 1964. This continuous chanting has been recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.